Generate Your Own Renewable Energy
Let’s work together.
We have a long legacy of generating renewable energy. Want to join us?
Through Avista’s renewable generation incentive (RGI), we offer financial help for
customers in Washington who install renewable energy systems of their own. While
such a project can be quite an undertaking, you’ll receive an annual credit on your
utility bill to help offset and recover your costs for solar panels, wind turbines
or anaerobic digesters. Payments are calculated per kilowatt-hour, based on the
type of generating equipment you use and its manufacturer. Take a look at the Potential Incentive Rates.
Find the right renewable energy system for you.
Here are some helpful websites:
Let's work together.
Ready to take the plunge? Here's a few things you should know:
Tips on installing your renewable energy system:
- Get an electrical permit from Washington State Department of Labor and Industries.
- Follow the National Electric Code (NEC) as required.
- Install a separate meter base to qualify for the RGI. Avista will provide and install
a production meter to measure your generation.
- Pass state electrical inspection.
- Coordinate with Avista for inspection and submit your
Certificate of Completion [PDF].
- Sign your interconnection agreement. Avista will replace your billing meter if necessary
for net-metering purposes.
- Start generating!